Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's not the heat, it's the humidity

It's no secret that I despise Louisiana weather. Baton Rouge has a single forecast for July, August, and September: Low - 74ºF (23ºC), High - 93ºF (34ºC), thunderstorm between 3:00 and 4:00 pm. The only time it is bearable is between 7:30 and 8:30 in the morning, when the sun starts to burn off some of the morning humidity and the heat of the day hasn't hit yet. The humidity is usually as high as it can be for the temperature which makes the summers unbearable and the winters bone-chillingly cold. The best time to visit is in March/April, when there are also fresh Louisiana strawberries (!).

The thing I hate most about the humidity is the effect it has on my hair. And so I got a Louisiana friendly 'do -- don't be shocked when you see me on campus!

There is one advantage: most women look at least 10-15 youngers because the high humidity is good for the skin!

2 comments:

Regen und mehr said...

How about 15-18 degrees and call it summer? I am already wearing jackets, tights and scarfs:) But I also believe that humidity is a good thing for our skin...just still waiting for the 10-15 year younger effect.
Anyway Jo, we'll rock it.

LeeEdgarTyler said...

And you, on the other hand, look 10-15 years younger because you're you.