Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"It's a new day, it's a new dawn, it's a new life"

Lots of things happening! A week or so ago I went to a concert by Connie Lush and Blues Shouter (http://www.connielush.com/) who sang the above referenced song. CCW Stainach seems to be a blues magnet and that's just fine with me!

On May 1, we packed Irene off to Nepal:

Irene and I rode the train to Vienna where I stayed with Kurt and Annemarie. On Friday we went to a movie (Be Kind, Rewind). On Saturday I made lunch (blackened Cajun burgers and lemonade). That evening, the Vienna Stadt.Fest was taking place throughout the city. Stages were set up in numerous squares, and concerts were free. We saw Kollegium Kalksburg (an unconventional Vienna ensemble) and Timna Brauer (singer of exotic Eastern compositions), as well as Nena (99 Luftballons). We returned home to drink mint juleps, even though we couldn't see the Kentucky Derby on television. We thought about the Whiskey Widows back in Baton Rouge, drinking their milk punch.


Oh, I may not have mentioned that I applied for a second year as a Fulbright Teaching Assistant in Austria. Rob, Caitlin, and I are all coming back to the Ennstal, and Ash is still trying to renew her position.

My plans for this summer are a bit up in the air... I just sent off my first Austrian job application today (a mystifying experience... why on earth do they need to know where I went to Kindergarten?!) But since I've started my job search late, I thoroughly believe I'll be spending much of the summer in Iowa and Louisiana (my flight home is scheduled for July). We should make plans to get together!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm so glad you'll be home in the summer, too! My flight back is July 17. Sorry about not making it down to Steiermark...

cbauza said...

Let me know when your flight arrives in BR. If you need transport, you know who to call!! (Kisses)