Monday, February 2, 2009

Things that can't easily be explained

Last Thursday sad news arrived from Baton Rouge. My friend Lydia passed away unexpectedly in her sleep at age 55. I've spent so many pleasant evenings with Lydia and her family, most recently when I visited Baton Rouge last July. What a feeling of helplessness to be halfway around the world and not be able to support her family after the loss of such a talented, vibrant wife, mother, and grandmother.
So imagine my surprise when I came home from school today to receive a card from Lydia, written on January 24. This card is such a tremendous gift, a reminder of a good friend, an inspired artist, and the very model of a Christian woman.

Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--

1 comment:

marilyn said...

I am so sad about your friend Lydia--and the card she left for you saying I love you--beautiful, m