Thursday, December 31, 2009

Big Rocks (aka New Year's Resolutions) - Part II

A month in the Enns Valley is just what I needed to gain some perspective.  2009 was a whirlwind of searching out job opportunities and trying to find a way to stay in Austria.  When that didn't work out, I spent the last few months of the year playing catch-up at LSU, teaching four (count 'em FOUR) courses and generally working nine to five.  All my writing projects and plans for getting back to Austria went on hold.

But I've had time in the last few days of 2009 to reconsider my goals.  Here are my "big rocks"

1) Follow-up on job opps in Austria (and search out new opps if current ones fall through)
2) Write something every day
3) Spend less frivolous time on the Internet
4) Be more focused
5) Live a healthier lifestyle

With those resolutions having been set in pixels, I assume that at the stroke of midnight I will become a serene and productive dervish (I'll be the one wearing pistachio!).


For a fascinating article on female dervishes, click the picture!

No comments: