Saturday, September 15, 2012

Success?

Wednesday night - spring trap sprung - suspect possibly injured.
Thursday afternoon - entry holes filled with industrial foam; five sticky traps set. Maintenance on alert.
Thursday night - no nocturnal visitors. Yay!

I'm not wild about sticky traps, but I wasn't about to share my apartment with anything larger than an m-o-u-s-e with the leaping capabilities of Rocky the Flying Squirrel.


Friday night, 12:27 am (technically Saturday) - Scratching noises in the front room.

oh. no.  I'm going to have to deal with this alone.

Put on shoes and a long sleeved sweater for protection, pick up an old telescoping curtain rod. Turn on the light in the front room.

Eww.
It's a dirty, filthy [rodent that's larger than an m-o-u-s-e]  -- sorry, Dad!

Screw courage to the sticking point (pun intended)...

Set up paper sack (with handles!) on the porch. Stick curtain rod onto sticky trap.  Slide sticky trap to door.  Lift gently into sack. Consider leaving sack on porch til morning. Decide to take a little walk to the dumpster -- keys and pepper spray in one hand, sack in the other.

Compartmentalize... rationalize... justify... it's my apartment, damn it!



Moral of the story:  Sticky traps work.  I hope I only need one of them.

No comments: