Saturday, August 15, 2009

SHIFTING GEARS


"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

No, Toto, we're in Baton Rouge, Looziana. And the intended blog audience (blog-ience?) has shifted from my friends and family in the States to my friends and "family" in Austria. Still providing cross-cultural insights and hoping to entertain with pictures and stories, but now focusing on life on the Mississippi (with apologies to Mark Twain).

How I ended up back in Baton Rouge is an epic tale, as twisted as Austrian bureaucracy. Suffice it to say that my visa ran out and I returned to Iowa in July. Luckily, LSU had generously granted me a two-year leave of absence so I had a job to come back to in the middle of an economic crisis. I drove to Louisiana this past week in a newly acquired 2005 Chevy Cobalt, and am currently gearing up for the fall semester which starts August 24.

Because I don't want to lose contact with anyone, I've updated my email, Skype, Facebook, cell phone at right. As for my address, I can send you my Post Office Box number on request!

Good to see all my friends again, and I'm counting the days until Christmas break!

2 comments:

The Big Nordic Barbarian Bastard said...

glad to see you're back boss ^_^

Drew said...

Yay! You're back! It's good to have you back just in time for all hurricanes rolling off of Africa! :-)

Welcome back!